You’ve probably noticed that I haven’t been around much lately.
For good reason!
I am busier than I think I have ever been in my life before, and I’m grappling with a lot of change at the same time. All this adjustment I have to go through is very draining. At the end of the day I just want to go home and go to bed, so blogging has been swept to the side for the time being.
It’s a difficult yet transformative time for me right now. I am playing so many roles and dealing with so many things right now
- trying to do the job of 4 people at work & trying to work with a new boss that I’m not totally sure about
- while simultaneously trying to get a promotion or raise or something that will keep me motivated as I continue to question whether I am really doing the right thing in my life
- supporting 2 separate (yet joined!) friends as they struggle with issues ranging from marital discord to alcoholism and my odd feelings of being left out as they dash full speed ahead into a new friendship
- finding a new roommate now that my old one has given notice (mega stress! I’m really doing well with the applications considering it has only been 2 weeks, but I hate the instability!)
- dealing with the re-emergence of low-grade depression where everything I once loved I now have no interest in
- Feeling generally fatter than normal
- breaking in a new cat while trying not to feel as if I have passed over my other two cats I left with my parents
You see? There is a ton going on that I’m trying my best to deal with right now. I guess I should be thankful at this point that I don’t have a boyfriend, right?
While blogging has always been therapeutic for me (and still is) I just haven’t been able to bring myself to post anything earth-shattering (or slightly amusing!) in a while. Sorry.
To make up for my absence I offer you pictures of my new cat, Sheba (The Queen of):